When it comes to the financial investment involved in becoming a parent through surrogacy, our goal is to be as transparent as possible. These fees do fluctuate somewhat and are offered as general guidance only.
Factors that affect the total cost are:
• The number of cycles needed for the gestational surrogate to become pregnant (with IVF, this can significantly affect the total amount greatly).
• The amount of medical costs not covered by insurance. We review the gestational surrogate’s current policy, if she has one, to check for exclusions. If she does not have insurance or her insurance is not adequate, then we provide guidance for obtaining insurance for her. We work with insurance experts for all insurance reviews.
• The “compensation” agreed on for the gestational surrogate.
Examples of other typical expenses covered by the intended parents:
• $500 per embryo transfer procedure
• $500 - $750 for invasive surgical procedures
• $350 for procedures such as an hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
• $1500 - $2,500 for a cesarean section (C-section)
• $2500 - $3500 for a multiple birth for each additional child
• $350 for a life insurance policy
• $1200 - $1800 for a gestational surrogate’s attorney
• Any applicable net lost wages
• Reasonable child care and housekeeping if placed on bed rest
• $500-$750 for maternity clothes
• Cost for a psychological evaluation
• Uncovered medicals, co-pays, or health insurance premiums
Note that this is an estimate of expenses only. You will have a better idea of total
expenses when we review the process in detail and when you are matched
with a particular gestational surrogate.
Every journey is as unique as the individuals involved. We work together to make sure we address all of your personal needs every step of the way.
To explore our program further and to receive a packet of detailed information, please fill out our inquiry form or call us at 301-217-0074.
The initial consultation is free of charge.
MERYL B. ROSENBERG, ESQ.
1004 WILLOWLEAF WAY
POTOMAC, MD 20854
© 2013 Meryl B. Rosenberg, Esq.
This website is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site or any email communication from this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.
Note: Certain pictures included on this website are of models and are for illustrative purposes only